ÅAC Microtec has the engineering expertise and low cost operating infrastructure, which make us a suitable partner to develop advanced small satellite systems. Our offering spreads from customized and standard stand-alone components/products to complete satellite systems or subsystems.
ÅAC Microtec systems orbit the earth onboard US, Japanese and German satellites. We are partner in project consortiums for developing standardized European microsystem interfaces for nano-satellites. In 2009, we became the first non-US company to be awarded the task of jointly developing the advanced space plug-and-play avionics (SPA) standard with the US Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL).
ÅAC Microtec builds its satellite architecture with standard products from the rapid integration architecture (RIA), which is the result from the close cooperation with AFRL on SPA. If needs are, our standard products are customized or complemented with third party products to suit our customers’ needs.
Our satellite offering:
- Highly integrated, modular and miniature electronics reduce weight and you can assemble them in new ways
- Integration time significantly reduced
- Radiation tolerant electronics with comprehensive SEE/SEU hardware protection
- Architecture has fault detection, isolation and recovery (FDIR).
- Customization of standard components and subsystems
- Close cooperation with well-known partners