ÅAC Microtec’s SPARC PCDU is a small and versatile power control and distribution unit for theSmall satellite (CubeSat) market. It has been developed by ÅAC Microtec in the SPARC-1 6U satelliteproject, which is a joint project between ÅAC Microtec, the US Air Force Research Laboratory(AFRL), and Swedish Defense Materiel Administration (FMV). The unit is designed for a 6U CubeSat, but it also supports other sizes of spacecraft (e.g. 2U, 3U and larger satellites).
- Designed for 6U CubeSats
- 45 W peak power
- 12 V nominal bus and battery voltage, auxiliary low voltage (5V, 3.3V) outputs
- Individual LCL protection on all outputs
- Auto-restart on system-critical LCL outputs
- RS485 control interface
- Six solar array string inputs
- S3R battery charge regulation
- Solar array deployment interface for thermal knife / burn wire.